Monday, January 11

zero

zero - yeah yeah yeahs

i don't think i ever really introduced myself on here. my first post that you can see is about my boring halloween night, last year. so, this will be a belated introduction.

i'm sometimes known as vani. and i go to an 'alternative' high school in michigan. i'm a junior, and i hate it -- i wish i was an underclassmen again. less to worry about. i feel that since you can't see my face in my photo on here, it gives me some anonymity, i like to think.

at this very moment, my favourite song has to be daylight by matt & kim, but it will change within a couple of days
i absolutely adore jhumpa lahiri, nikolai gogol, marjane satrapi, and haruki murakami.
movies that i always want to watch include donnie darko, clueless, the science of sleep, the squid and the whale, and charlie bartlett.

i like to keep my room in a mess, but it distracts me from doing homework. i recently found my polaroid one camera, but i have no film unfortunately. and i enjoy to make cds, though it takes me forever to make them.

and pleaseee do comment! it makes me feel happy! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Gogol! What have you read of his? And <3333 donnie darko and basically all those movies you listed!
You have good taste in music, too! (I read the other post you had on music). Do you like M83?

vani said...

hey! i've read the overcoat, nevsky avenue, the portrait, ivan fydorvich (sp?) and his aunt, the nose, and one more whose name is evading me. Nevsky Avenue & The Portrait were my favourites though. What have you read?

Yes! I love M83! I went to the Killers concert last january, and M83 opened for them! They were really good! :)

sugar & spice said...

haruki murakami,
i nvr got to finish "the elephant disapears"
:(

did u read the whole thing?

the public school system snatched it away from me and replaced it with something inferior...

get your leather on, your zero
shake it like a ladder to the sun
makes me feel like a mad man on the run :)

vani said...

yeah, i read the whole thing! i'll bring it tomorrow if you want to read it...if i remember. :)