Thursday, January 21

elephants

warpaint

i went to my old middle school for a year. I only went there for a year -- eighth grade.

I was there to recruit eight graders. To get into my high school, you have to apply.

The whole experience was weird.

It was only 3 years ago that I walked those hallways, opened my then locker, sat in those classrooms.
Only 3 years ago. As I was looking at the eighth graders before me, I felt so aged.
Only 3 years ago was it that I sat in those chairs, listening to what the High School kids were going to say. And now, the tables switched. Now, it was me who stood before them.

As I was walking down those hallways again, perhaps for the last time, I told the person walking beside me that I could remember where my locker was. She laughed.

The one thing I'll always remember about that middle school was how ugly it really was. And smelly.

Oh, how the years go by.

No comments: