Sunday, February 14

pursuit of happiness (nightmare)

kid cudi, mgmt & ratatat

I wonder, sometimes, what life would have been like if I hadn't moved. If I stayed in rural Kansas. When I was there, I was terrified of the bigger cities, and of the stories of abductions that came with it. Ann Arbor is not a big city, but it was many times larger than Burlington.
I wonder about my friends from Kansas. I occasionally talk to them online, and it is clear that we have both went our own ways -- we've become different people.
However, now I converse more with people I was simply friends with. My best friends aren't close to me anymore. When we used to talk, it ended after the "i'm good, too."
I stayed in contact with them for about a year -- eighth grade. We stopped talking ninth grade. I called them when I wished them on their birthdays, now I don't know their numbers, nor do they know mine.
And, the more depressing thing is that I don't think I would've remained friends with them had I stayed.
As I aforementioned, we're different people now. And the distance between us is our alibi.

No comments: