Sunday, October 10

LATFH at navrati

the nine days of navrati began on friday! navrati is this festival of durga ( i think. i know it is one of the female goddesses.) where you kind of just dance around.
I felt really out of place, though. I didn't know anyone (there were tons of kids my age there) except for the other Shivani.

But I did have fun. Espesh during the dandiya part. I ended up joining a group of people I didn't know because I wanted to be a larger group than the group of four that I was in previously. I left when they wanted to start using hands rather than sticks.

the best part was that I saw an Indian hipster. I never thought I would see one in such a traditional function. He was normally dressed in a long white shirt with white pants, typical. But the added accessories deemed him a hipster: the buddy holly glasses and the black and white scarf.

No comments: